Your question

Rig possibly postponed until August.

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Cases
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 15, 2009 5:12:36 AM

My budget was $1100, But that sort of went out of the window when I wanted a pc that would last longer with fewer upgrades (i7). Pretty much what I'm doing now is waiting another month to up my budget to about $2000 CAD. I returned my CM 690 in hopes of finding a little more expensive case, I was thinking the TJ07. I love the case but it would drop my $2000 budget to $1600, not that I mind but I would also need an extra $100 to spend on accessories because I plan to mod it, Dropping my budget to $1500.

Basically.. I need a new build for ~$1500 CAD, as well I need some mod suggestions such as colour schemes (I'm thinking black and purple, but still open to your ideas.) and ideas on ways to mod the case, or a case you would suggest for cheaper. Keep in mind prices would probably drop by July/August.

In addition I need a decent sized monitor, A slick back-lit keyboard, gaming mouse, and nice set of speakers. This isn't included in the budget, but I could like these items to come under $500, $400 if possible.

I prefer samsung monitors, size and resolution doesn't matter so long as its 16x12 or more. I will be getting a second one a month or two later. Also, I'm going to buy myself a ferret or two and paint there cage to match my pc.

More about : rig possibly postponed august

May 15, 2009 7:29:58 PM

Bump, Samsung.
Related resources
May 16, 2009 9:34:43 AM

Prices change. New models are ready to go. Check back a couple weeks before you're ready to buy.
May 16, 2009 10:31:31 AM

and by august i5 will be out so that may be an option.
May 16, 2009 12:16:44 PM

For most of the stuff you should probably wait because prices will drop, but for other (like casing, LCD, HDD, ..._ you can always start hunting bargains as their price don't change much.