Sign in with
Your question

Computer Building Help

Last response: in Systems
May 15, 2009 7:27:39 AM

I am very new to all this, and very confused.

Now that I am making money I decided that it is time for a new computer.
I have a 23 inch monitor that I use for my PS3 and sometimes I hook it up to my laptop through HDMI but my laptop just doesn't do the trick on this monitor with gaming.

Would it be possible to have a budget set at about... 1.2k-1.4k and be able to run all games on the highest settings at 1920x1080 smoothly?

I already have a keyboard and mouse and speakers. And as mentioned above, I have a monitor as well. Only thing missing is the computer. =p

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. =]

More about : computer building

a b C Monitor
May 15, 2009 9:12:26 AM

Well yes for that budget you can easily get a config that can run all games smoothly at that resolution (Maybe except Crysis :p )...
You would get better responses if you post the topic on New System Build...
And read this sticky...
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...
May 15, 2009 1:55:06 PM

Are you in the US or Canada, and how do you feel about overclocking. Yes to overclocking means, you can have a very powerful system for the money in your budget. Crysis with high settings and good performance is very much in your grasp.
Related resources
May 15, 2009 3:27:19 PM

Im in the US and I don't know much about overclocking but I wouldn't mind doing it in a safe range if it is going to make a difference.
a b B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
May 15, 2009 3:48:14 PM

That would be a high end socket 775 build. A system built around the e8500 or q9550 w/ xfire would be in your budget and game nicely.
!