GA-MA790X-DS4 and phenom II x 2 550

cloutir

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
ok so i bought this mobo recently as my other board broke. the problem i have is the cpu doesnt register with the pc , in system properties it shows as "AMD Processor model unknown" i know this is because my bios is not upto date enough to recognise it , im running a f2 version of the gigabyte bios. i have three questions regaurding this. cpu - z and amd overclock are showing the cpu as running at 3.1 ghz so is it really neccessary for me to update the bios? 2. can i use the Amd overdrive auto clock on it as is , even though the pc doesnt recognise the cpu but amd and cpu - z do? and finally is there anyway to update the bios from inside windows as i dont have a floppy or usb memory stick? answers will be much apprechiated its giving me a headache and my wife is too . lol

randleog

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
To add a phenom 2 to this board you will need to update the Bios. I am currently running a a Phenom II 955 on this same board.

According to the Gigabyte website chart on their support section need BIOS version F10D which is actually a beta but it is good and stable. (using it for 3 weeks now)

F10D BIOS is good for processors up to Phenom II x4 970 - but they are continually updating.

So - time to flash your BIOS I am afraid.

TRENDING THREADS