Which CPU is best for me?

mazinyo

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I wanna buy myself a new PC and im in a dilemma about the CPU that would suit me best.

My 3 main choices which are all at the same price range in my country are:

Intel E8400
Phenom II x3 Tripple-Core 710
Phenom II x3 Tripple-Core 720

The E8400 is the most expensive one out of the 3 but it also runs at higher clock.
I thought about the 720 cuz it runs a bit faster than the 710 and i think the 3 cores is also good for the future

* Im not a gamer, just like to play a good game from time to time like COD, FiFA soccer, nothing big. thats why i intend on buying the HD 4850.

* I want the CPU to run cool, fast and quiet and i have no problem to add a fan if needed, like the Freezer 7 pro. Also i want it to be low on power consumption.

* Im not gonna OC.

* Last important thing.. I want it also to be good for the future.. since im not a gamer and i have no high demands from my PC other than a game from time to time but mainly regular things like office, HD movies, skype, browsing and maybe programs like illustrator, i have no intentions to upgrade it in 2-3 years but i do want my CPU to run fast and not die on me when im using 2-3 programs at once.

Im really leaning towards the AMD cuz of the price and the 3 cores, but the intel runes a but faster but only 2 cores and maybe not a best choice for the future.

Any advice would be appriciated

thank you