Delete partitions on Dynamic HD

I have a computer that I recently upgraded to XP pro. I
unintentionally/experimently added a partiion and then
formated it from basic to dynamic. SO now I need to
remove that partition, but I can't seem to figure out how
to do this.

Can this be done? If not, then how the heck to I free up
that alocated HD space that I seriously need? Fortunatly
I have no files on this computer yet since it's an
older/refurbished one that is going to be used as a back
up, but we still need the free space.

THANKS!

Hello
How to convert to & from dynamic disk.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309044&sd=tech

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Batwoman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a computer that I recently upgraded to XP pro. I
> unintentionally/experimently added a partiion and then
> formated it from basic to dynamic. SO now I need to
> remove that partition, but I can't seem to figure out how
> to do this.
>
> Can this be done? If not, then how the heck to I free up
> that alocated HD space that I seriously need? Fortunatly
> I have no files on this computer yet since it's an
> older/refurbished one that is going to be used as a back
> up, but we still need the free space.
>
> THANKS!

re format

Ok, I've gone to that knowledge base and it was helpful,
if the cumputer decided to work that is. I tried that,
didn't get the option to delete partitions on right click,
comand was greyed out. So I tried the comand promt
itself, and no matter what I told it to do, it wouldn't do
a thing! I've tried a couple days now, and rebooted as
well and the same, nothing.

Now to idiot proof this, since I'm at the point of
refusing to even look at it anymore, how do I reformat
it? Like I said, nothing I do works on it.

Basicaly, I got it to a minor working level,but we're
going to need the space on that one partition.

Hello
You can not format the main drive from with-in the disk management, you will
have to backup all your important information and then do a complete install
to change the drive from dynamic to basic, providing your Rom drive is set
to boot before the HDD if not then you will have to change the boot order in
the BIOS, then boot from the XP cd, then when the message appears to Press
any Key to Boot from CD (press a key), then after it loads some necessary
files select Enter, then F8 to accept the license agreement, then if using
an upgrade XP cd you will have to show ownership of a previous version then
you will be able to delete and create & format new partitions.
At some point during the installation your puter will restart and you will
see the message Press any Key to Boot from CD again, at this point Do Not
press any key.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

--
Hope this helps
Haus

"Batwoman" <aaaahbatwoman-run@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I've gone to that knowledge base and it was helpful,
> if the cumputer decided to work that is. I tried that,
> didn't get the option to delete partitions on right click,
> comand was greyed out. So I tried the comand promt
> itself, and no matter what I told it to do, it wouldn't do
> a thing! I've tried a couple days now, and rebooted as
> well and the same, nothing.
>
> Now to idiot proof this, since I'm at the point of
> refusing to even look at it anymore, how do I reformat
> it? Like I said, nothing I do works on it.
>
> Basicaly, I got it to a minor working level,but we're
> going to need the space on that one partition.

OK, let me try that then, since nothing else I tried
worked.

thanks again! :)

really appreciate all the help.

BW

I got it to work by reformating/reinstalling it all
together. It's just so freaking frustrating when the help
file information doesn't work and no matter what you do
doesn't work. It doesn't help that we're behind at work
in general and I do the majority of things around the
office, which means I got nothing done for a few days.
*SIGH*

I'm just glad I finally got it to work, and now know what
to do if we ever have this problem again. Which I hope we
don't/

Thanks again guys! I really do mean it. :D