Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Unable to get in marvell raid with ctrl m

Last response: in Storage
Share
Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 9, 2011 11:03:17 PM

Hello,
I have the same problem with my Asus X58 board, i could actually see the raid details flashing up on the screen breifly just after the end of post, however it flashes up to quickly to read, but after a few times i manage to catch it and in fact it is CTRL+I, so the manual is wrong, i suggest any one with this Marvell controller tries I rather than M, if that does'nt work try other letters
February 24, 2012 7:40:54 AM

Quote:
Hello,
I have the same problem with my Asus X58 board, i could actually see the raid details flashing up on the screen breifly just after the end of post, however it flashes up to quickly to read, but after a few times i manage to catch it and in fact it is CTRL+I, so the manual is wrong, i suggest any one with this Marvell controller tries I rather than M, if that does'nt work try other letters


ctrl-i is for the intel sata controller and ctrl-m is for the marvell controller.

I'm having a problem with this though. ctrl-i works and gets me into the intel raid screen, but ctrl-m doesn't work and that's what I want!! :fou: 
March 10, 2012 1:53:54 PM

NewAgeRetroHippie said:
ctrl-i is for the intel sata controller and ctrl-m is for the marvell controller.

I'm having a problem with this though. ctrl-i works and gets me into the intel raid screen, but ctrl-m doesn't work and that's what I want!! :fou: 



I have the same issue with my Evga X58 Sli3 motherboard, Intel controller do works fine (with Ctrl-i) but the marvel do not !

Any ideas, maybe you find a solution for this problem ???

thanks in advance
Related resources
March 10, 2012 6:50:14 PM

From what I have read thus far (I am having the same issue) the Marvell controller is garbage, and it chooses when it will work and when it doesn't want to. Suggestions so far say get a pci raid card. Not much help I am sure but jut an fyi
March 10, 2012 8:57:02 PM

Supasized said:
From what I have read thus far (I am having the same issue) the Marvell controller is garbage, and it chooses when it will work and when it doesn't want to. Suggestions so far say get a pci raid card. Not much help I am sure but jut an fyi


I still didn't succeed to access the Marvell Raid Bios but I DID succeed to create my raid via the web user interface (MRU). It isn't a clean setup but it's working! I just hope it will last.
Anyway thanks for the quick answer...
!