dcdave78

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Here are my system specs, running on x64 vista

i7 920 Core @ 3.4 GHZ on air
4870X2 Videocard
Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard
6GB of OCZ gold series DDR 3 triple channel

My question is why is only 4 GB showing in windows?? Yet in CPU-z it shows 6 GB installed. I have the latest bios and windows is up to date. I checked the manual and I have the ram in the right slots according to the manual.

This is a brand new build, is there a bios setting I am missing??

Thanks for the help

Dave

fatsauce

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
there has to be a setting in your bios to switch something up..if cpu-z says 6gb then i suppose the ram is good...could be a service pack issue...not updated OS....what i always did if i had a problem, always bitch to asus and get it resolved best you can from them

ricky_dav

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
i have same problem

i7 920 Core @ 2.66 GHZ on air
5770 Videocard
Asus P6T Deluxe Version 2 motherboard
6GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 triple channel 1600Mhz

New build running on Windows 7 x64.

only showing 4GB in Windows and BIOS.

please help?

Ricky

amrmorsy

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
i know its an old thread but i had the same problem (4 out of 6) an di was going crazy but it turned out to be the cpu heatsink was applying so much pressure on the cpu resulting in the misread, even if cpu-z reads it as 6gb but clicking SPD tab will show that the ram are in the first 3 consecutive slots which is worng as u he memory were in each other slot ( the orange ones) after releaving the pressure a bit the problem was solved. who knew that this might happen. it's a mobo design semi-flaw since the bracket akready apply alot of pressure on the cpu. hope this helps.