Im lookin to i7 here people! please help

I have been looking at building a new cheap gaming rig. I plan on going with an intel i7, but I have no idea what motherboard to get or memory for that matter. I have read plenty of reviews but there seems to be lots of boards that have issues like doa. I already have a evga 9800gt w/ 1 gbddr3 and 500gb segate hd. I would love to hear input please post

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (within a month) BUDGET RANGE: ( US$500-850)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (gaming and movies)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: ( keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, hard drive, video card)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: no prefrence

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type no prefrence

OVERCLOCKING: Yes / No / Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: sli for future use

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (examples: 1680x1050

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Want a good stable i7 mb that has some overclock features and sli for tweaking in the future
7 answers Last reply
More about lookin people help
  1. Read the sticky about asking for build advice at the top of the forum. Fill out the template so we know what you need.
  2. is that what u needed xthekidx?
  3. Yes.
  4. newegg reviews shouldn't be believed because you're more likely to write a review if you have a bad experience.

also $500 would give you a 920 and a low-end board, $850, a 920, a gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P, some 1600mhz ram, an akasa nero 967. That leaves you $180 for a good case and a good PSU, so $110 for a corsair 650TX and an antec 300 for $60. that leaves you $10 spare.

You will probably get up to a 4.4ghz oc with that. But honestly the best idea would be getting a P2 build and sell the 9800GT, even for $900 you could get a complete build that would beat that i7 rig in gaming.
  5. wow very fast and good input thank you guys! Am i really gonna have issues with the 9800gt or will it be ok @1680x1050?
  6. It depends on the games you want to play. Crysis will not be worthwhile. Call of duty should be fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Intel i7 Systems Product