Thought hooking up a Wireless router was Simple

Maddog316

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
I got my sis a Wireless router for xmas cause they got a PS3 in a package deal w/ their tv. Its a Belkin N+. Ok I'm somewhat tech savey but this gave me a Headache for 2 days and I still couldnt get it conneted. Yes I went over the connections several times over. The modem is an embark(Who is now Century Link) freebie and it works only with the comp and I can get the router software to recognize it, the router works, I even shut off the firewall to let things flow. So I put the routers software in and have followed the Directions several times, Dynamic will not connect the router to the internet, so I went to manually input the server addresses by trying static, still nothing. I'm perplexed. Everything was simple from what I seen. A basic plug and play. Is the Router bad? Cant get through to support because of the holidays so I came Here. Any Help would be a plus! Thanks!

G

Connect to the Embarq DSL modem (192.168.2.1), release the WAN IP address and switch to Bridge Mode. Now connect the router.

TRENDING THREADS