Gtx275 dual display issues

davion615

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
i just replaced my 9600gt with a gtx275. with my old card, I could run games on one screen, while watching tv or movies on the other without any issues. now that i have put the gtx275 in, i'll have video applications running on one screen, but as soon as i do something on my main monitor, whether it be scrolling down pages in internet explorer or playing games, the video application will stutter as if my video card can't handle it.

any ideas? drivers are updated, supplemental power is plugged into video card, power supply unit is more than adequate. (thermaltake 650w). and oddly enough, i can't seem to find any similar issues in forums.

Irish

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
A couple of things. Please tell us all your specs that you know on your computer.

Shouldn't be a bottle neck.
Shouldn't be a driver issue.
When you install the card did you install the driver off of the CD(old driver usually) or DL it from the Nvidia. I would recommend running Driver cleaner and starting completely over with your driver. I did the same thing recently. Upgraded from 7800 gtx to 250 gts but did not have any issues.

When you say stutter, does it continue until you reset focus on that program or is just a temporary thing (few seconds)

Irish