Sign in with
Your question

Logging into pc not connected to domain

Last response: in Windows XP
October 20, 2011 10:36:30 AM

Hello,
I'm trying to set up offlines files on a laptop, however now I need to test whether the files are actually available when I log into the laptop locally but my password is not recognised. Can anyone advise please?
October 20, 2011 10:41:39 AM

The title and the info supplied are completely the opposite pieces of information...

Can you actually supply us with valid precise info so we can troubleshoot?
m
l
October 30, 2011 5:22:11 PM

Hi not sure what happened here, i logged 2 seperate problems but the first one did't appear to go through and apparently now its appeared under the second problem i logged. I managed to sort both of them out though, so thanks for the replies and apologies for the confusion :-)
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2011 3:18:28 PM

I work in AD all day, the only way you can connect to a PC on a computer without being on the domain is either: Pull the network cord; or log in as admin. The computer will still have a local profile but the username and password used to log onto the profile have to be the same as the domain cred. When we have users that we cannot remote to, to diagnose an issue, we have them pull the network cable upon logging in, its always a work around for us, but half the time most of them have the domain selection box to switch to local profiles on the machine.
m
l
a c 223 D Laptop
October 31, 2011 5:32:00 PM

christov40 said:
Hello,
I'm trying to set up offlines files on a laptop, however now I need to test whether the files are actually available when I log into the laptop locally but my password is not recognised. Can anyone advise please?

You can create a local account if you want, but that won't really test your offline files because it will be a totally separate account. Sounds like your have cached accounts disabled, look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172931
m
l
!