Suggestions on a system build

Sable Wanderer

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
im looking for a new system. I will be using this system for recording and editing music, and also for photoshop. The programs im using for recording are sony acid pro , audobe audition, and i should be getting cubase 5 soon. Anyway i need a computer for these things. My budget is roughly around 300-400 dollars and was wondering if i could get anything decent for this price range. Ideas ?

Well you'd want a quad if you can afford it and a CUDA enabled GPU and this is what i came up with:
DWJ1.jpg

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_learn_products.html

the above seems okay.

You definitely want 4GB of RAM. For your budget, I'd spend about $100 less on the CPU/Motherboard but get a better quality power supply and Antec 300 case.

For now, you can get Windows 7 RC 64bit and use it until March 2010.

You'll eventually want a better graphics card. Get the HD4770 later when it drops to $60.

Sable Wanderer

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Thanks for the advice i think this build will be good and i already have a cd burner and stuff so itll be exactly in my budget thanks for the help. As for the cpu and getting the better case and power supply if i got a cheaper amd then later i could upgrade to the phenom II would that work?