Fair price for my 4770's?

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Hey all,
I am thinking of selling my 2 4770's (one is a Sapphire, the other an XFX model) on ebay but I'm not sure what would be a fair price (in view of listing costs etc). What would you be willing to pay for 1 or 2 nearly new 4770 cards with 2 crossbridges for crossfire?

They all work fine etc, I'm selling to upgrade.
Thanks
AC

+1 Zipzoomflyhigh: Especially if you are in the US or UK, they are almost impossible to find in either country.
Given the high demand and poor supply, you may even get more than you paid for them!

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009

I'm in the UK and have been looking, they are in very short supply hence my interest in selling them now.
I don't think I will take you up on your offer though Rewind if you don't mind, although if anyone else wants to make reasonable offers........

jennyh

Splendid
I don't think you will get much higher than what you paid for them. I know stock is in very short supply but the main reason why people want them is because they are cheap.

With the price of everything else around falling because of them, they become less of a steal. The 4850 for example looks like pretty amazing value when it's cheaper than the 4770. Sure it's noisy and hot but it's also a little bit faster.

And don't forget that for every £100 you make on ebay, them and paypal get ~£10 of it.

You might get your money back if you are lucky.

ac3144

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009

Yeah, I'm not looking to make a killing or anything, I just want to get roughly what I paid (- whatever the ebay+paypal shylocks will take)
I was thinking of putting them up for auction at £65 each or £150 for the pair buy it now. They stand me in for about £180ish (shipping + extra bridge as you don't get one with the Sapphire card).

Basically, I've had alot of issues with getting them to work properly and want to go to a single card setup.

I'm still a bit undecided though. I know you are an advocate for these cards Jenny but I have lost faith, being fed up with driver issues. Do you (or anyone else) think they will improve and I should hang in there? I was thinking of going for a single 4890 and possibly dipping my toe into the crossfired water again when things are getting a bit tired. Also thought about a 275 but my board only supports CF so that's a bit of a non-starter (ignoring performance issues)

Thoughts and offers welcome... :D

jennyh

Splendid
Mine worked ok with Vista, but I got that old realtek audio driver bug with them. That's a Microsoft issue though and I've had it with both Nvidia's and ATI cards using vista.

They were pretty horrible in XP however, lots of screen tearing and mediocre performance.

Finally I decided to just download windows 7 and use it free for a year. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

They run like a dream with Catalyst 9.5 under Windows 7 so you might want to check that out. I think ATI have put a lot of effort into making their windows 7 drivers the best and so far it's definitely showing for me.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
If you kept things like packaging or at least all the parts like extensions and 4 molex to 6pins that came with it I'd just knock 20% off of new for your area and go from there.

Smart buyers wont go for things like 5% less or at new pricing; but I'm sure some fanboys or some guy desperately in need of a nd 4770 you could get them to buy it probably even trick them into buying it at price of a 4850 which is stronger.