Cmos wont clear..

opexx

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
i was having really bad heat problems (70C +) so i underclocked my processor from its overclocked 2.8 to the natural 2.33, still had heat issues, so I underclocked to 2.0. I tried to restart and low and behold the computer won't start. I tried to clear cmos by unplugging the power source and removing the battery thing on the mobo and i let it sit for a good 5 minutes, and when I went to try and restart, same thing. I'm not getting any errors, beeps, warnings, or anything. It just turns on, fans spin, and thats it. Typically I would get a beep and it would start some stuff that says press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup (its an EVGA 750 SLI-FTW) and I'm not getting any of that stuff. Any ideas what to do?

Solution
Sometimes you need to do both.

You may also want to hit the Power-Button to release any stored energy from the MoBo. Occasionally I have had the LED lights flash on my fans when I hit the switch, even with the PSU unplugged and the on-board battery removed.

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Sometimes you need to do both.

You may also want to hit the Power-Button to release any stored energy from the MoBo. Occasionally I have had the LED lights flash on my fans when I hit the switch, even with the PSU unplugged and the on-board battery removed.

Solution