How to overclock AMD Phenom II X6 1090T on ASUS Formula IV mobo

Hey. Kinda new with the overclocking world. I know what it is but I just kinda need to know how, what to consider and what to look for basically when starting.

Current rig:
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 Ghz
Memory: Corsair 4GB 1600MHz DDR 3
Casing: A-Open Nagas G6 Gaming casing (12cm Fan x 2 top, 12cm fan x 1 rear and 12cm fan x 1 front) can add up upto 6 total.
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD5770 Vapor X Overclock Edition
PSU: Silver Stone Strider 750W PS
HDD: Seagate 1TB sata.

This is pretty much what I got right now, it ain't the best but I really want to know how to overclock these to at least 4.0 Ghz. Is it possible with this setup or should I add more from the PSU? I currently dont have any cooling system. :(

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about overclock phenom 1090t asus formula mobo
  1. well you should start with reading the sticky on raising the multiplier in this fourm and then go to

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/499526-official-phenom-ii-x4-9x5-oc.html

and read that is a great start i bet if you did that you would have answered your question since it is a black edition you can raise the multiplier a bit.
  2. You dont have any cooling system??? ok, sounds like you have just bought that rig, if you have a chance to take it back, do so. that motherboard is WAY overpriced, you should have got an i5 SB setup.
  3. You should invest in a decent air cooling system before attempting an overclock.
  4. ok, I just installed a noctua Nh-D14 on my mobo.. no pls help with overclocking manually. I know the board does support the automatic way..
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Overclocking Product