freeciv

If this has already been mentioned here I apologize. Open source creators
have released freeciv, a civilization type clone. Not only is it free in
terms of price, the code is freely available as well for those who might
like to look under the hood. It is really quite good.

http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Freeciv

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:07:21 GMT, "Shawn Modersohn"
<smmodersohn@hotmail.com> wrote:

>If this has already been mentioned here I apologize. Open source creators
>have released freeciv, a civilization type clone. Not only is it free in
>terms of price, the code is freely available as well for those who might
>like to look under the hood. It is really quite good.
>
>http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Freeciv

The program won't open for me.

Kingsley Matthews wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:07:21 GMT, "Shawn Modersohn"
> <smmodersohn@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>If this has already been mentioned here I apologize. Open source creators
>>have released freeciv, a civilization type clone. Not only is it free in
>>terms of price, the code is freely available as well for those who might
>>like to look under the hood. It is really quite good.
>>
>>http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Freeciv
>>

> The program won't open for me.

Are you using Windows? If so, download a file that ends in .exe. The
..bz2 files aren't really meant for Windows users.

You probably want the Freeciv-2.0.0-win32-setup.exe file if you use XP.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:05:24 GMT, shawn modersohn
<smoder@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Kingsley Matthews wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:07:21 GMT, "Shawn Modersohn"
>> <smmodersohn@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>If this has already been mentioned here I apologize. Open source creators
>>>have released freeciv, a civilization type clone. Not only is it free in
>>>terms of price, the code is freely available as well for those who might
>>>like to look under the hood. It is really quite good.
>>>
>>>http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Freeciv
>>>

>> The program won't open for me.
>
>Are you using Windows? If so, download a file that ends in .exe. The
>.bz2 files aren't really meant for Windows users.
>
>You probably want the Freeciv-2.0.0-win32-setup.exe file if you use XP.

Thanks, it works now.