Why do Fundees pouund theirobnoxious messages into other p..

Do they really think they can convert people this way.

On the contrary I'd say they drive potential converts away.

--
--Cuth
13 answers Last reply

    It's called spam, trolling or any other name you care to give it.
    Just block the person and be done with it. You get the same thing in your
    mailbox (snailmail). Only those tend to go into the trash, right? Spam is
    the name of the game nowadays and ron is probably not who he says he is at
    all. Probably just some sad person with nothing better to do with his time.

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in

    > Do they really think they can convert people this way.
    >
    > On the contrary I'd say they drive potential converts away.

    We can only hope.

    --
    Mike
    A bad standard is better than nothing. It gives you something to

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Do they really think they can convert people this way.

    Many 'bible bashers', such as mormans and JWs believe that it is their
    religious duty to try to convert people. How else are they suposed to do
    it?

    > On the contrary I'd say they drive potential converts away.

    Yep, they do with some, but it must work on others, else they would have
    given up tried doing it some other way.

    "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >> Do they really think they can convert people this way.
    >
    > Many 'bible bashers', such as mormans and JWs believe that it is their
    > religious duty to try to convert people. How else are they suposed to do
    > it?

    Not only that, but with some of them it is a requirement of the church too.

    >> On the contrary I'd say they drive potential converts away.
    >
    > Yep, they do with some, but it must work on others, else they would have
    > given up tried doing it some other way.

    "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in

    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >> Do they really think they can convert people this way.
    >
    > Many 'bible bashers', such as mormans and JWs believe that it is
    > their religious duty to try to convert people. How else are they
    > suposed to do it?

    By actually living the foundation of their faith...you know, "do unto
    others as you'd have them do unto you"?

    >> On the contrary I'd say they drive potential converts away.
    >
    > Yep, they do with some, but it must work on others, else they
    > would have given up tried doing it some other way.

    It only works on the stupid...which explains the state of Christianity
    today.

    --
    Mike
    Creepiest movie line of all time: "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that."

    > "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    >> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >>> Do they really think they can convert people this way.
    >>
    >> Many 'bible bashers', such as mormans and JWs believe that it is their
    >> religious duty to try to convert people. How else are they suposed to do
    >> it?
    >
    > Not only that, but with some of them it is a requirement of the church
    > too.

    I'm not aware of any that 'require' it persay. The bible does say to go out
    and preach the gospel, to go out and witness and to let his light shine
    through you. The witness part is often done as a scheduled outting but
    usually it's just taking the opportunity when it arises. I could be wrong
    but I've always thought that people who go out and witness, whether it's
    handing out tracts/pamplets or visiting resthomes, are doing it because they
    want to share what's changed their life with other people...not because it's
    a requirement of the church. Is this what you're talking about?

    noname

    "noname" <hip_ster@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Many 'bible bashers', such as mormans and JWs believe that it is their
    >>> religious duty to try to convert people. How else are they suposed to
    >>> do it?
    >>
    >> Not only that, but with some of them it is a requirement of the church
    >> too.
    >

    > I'm not aware of any that 'require' it persay. The bible does say to go
    > out and preach the gospel, to go out and witness and to let his light
    > shine through you. The witness part is often done as a scheduled outting
    > but usually it's just taking the opportunity when it arises. I could be
    > wrong but I've always thought that people who go out and witness, whether
    > it's handing out tracts/pamplets or visiting resthomes, are doing it
    > because they want to share what's changed their life with other
    > people...not because it's a requirement of the church. Is this what you're
    > talking about?
    >
    > noname

    As far as I know with JW it is a requirement to witness the way they do.
    Aren't they the ones where you see two young men on bicycles going from door
    to door? Young men dressed in business clothes too. Or are they mormons?

    "noname" <hip_ster@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message

    snip..........
    want to share what's changed their life with other people...not because it's
    > a requirement of the church. Is this what you're talking about?
    >
    > noname

    You might be interested in the research into why we believe in such things.
    The BBC Horizon team put a programme out about it some time ago.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2003/godonbrain.shtml

    Looks like some people are made to have more religous feelings than others -
    due to the size of a particular part of the brain?

    Skeats

    "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in

    > "noname" <hip_ster@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message

    >>> Not only that, but with some of them it is a requirement of the
    >>> church too.
    >>

    >> I'm not aware of any that 'require' it persay. The bible does say
    >> to go out and preach the gospel, to go out and witness and to let
    >> his light shine through you. The witness part is often done as a
    >> scheduled outting but usually it's just taking the opportunity
    >> when it arises. I could be wrong but I've always thought that
    >> people who go out and witness, whether it's handing out
    >> tracts/pamplets or visiting resthomes, are doing it because they
    >> want to share what's changed their life with other people...not
    >> because it's a requirement of the church. Is this what you're
    >> talking about?
    >>
    >> noname
    >
    > As far as I know with JW it is a requirement to witness the way
    > they do. Aren't they the ones where you see two young men on
    > bicycles going from door to door? Young men dressed in business
    > clothes too. Or are they mormons?

    No, that's Mormons. But you are correct about the requirement. JW's
    and Mormons have a sort of "witnessing" requirement.

    --
    Mike
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the

    "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in
    >

    >> "noname" <hip_ster@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    >>> I'm not aware of any that 'require' it persay. The bible does say
    >>> to go out and preach the gospel, to go out and witness and to let
    >>> his light shine through you. The witness part is often done as a
    >>> scheduled outting but usually it's just taking the opportunity
    >>> when it arises. I could be wrong but I've always thought that
    >>> people who go out and witness, whether it's handing out
    >>> tracts/pamplets or visiting resthomes, are doing it because they
    >>> want to share what's changed their life with other people...not
    >>> because it's a requirement of the church. Is this what you're
    >>> talking about?
    >>>
    >>> noname
    >>
    >> As far as I know with JW it is a requirement to witness the way
    >> they do. Aren't they the ones where you see two young men on
    >> bicycles going from door to door? Young men dressed in business
    >> clothes too. Or are they mormons?
    >>
    > No, that's Mormons. But you are correct about the requirement. JW's
    > and Mormons have a sort of "witnessing" requirement.
    >
    > --
    > Mike

    Ahhh, thank you. I really was not sure which one it was, thanks.

    >>> As far as I know with JW it is a requirement to witness the way
    >>> they do. Aren't they the ones where you see two young men on
    >>> bicycles going from door to door? Young men dressed in business
    >>> clothes too. Or are they mormons?
    >>>
    >> No, that's Mormons. But you are correct about the requirement. JW's
    >> and Mormons have a sort of "witnessing" requirement.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike
    >
    > Ahhh, thank you. I really was not sure which one it was, thanks.

    The pity of it is... Um, bad way to start.. I mean, when these people
    hijack you, they usually turn out to be fairly pleasant. The LDS
    missionaries particularly so. I have always found them to be polite,
    cheerful and quite often home-sick. Only once have I ended up telling a
    Mormon missionary to get the hell out of my house and he... he was a lad
    from Lancashire. Not a good advertisement for religion, that guy.

    Get them off the topic of religion (easier than you think ) and you can hear
    some fascinating stories. Feed them cake and decaffinated drink and quite
    often they start wailing about missing mummy and wondering what their
    girlfriends are doing while they are away.

    I had one lad here, three days in the UK and he was really glum. Seems the
    day before they went into the heart of Bilston on market day and did their
    thing.
    'No good, eh?' asked I.
    'I dont know,' he replied. 'I couldn;t understand a word they were saying!'

    Yup. That's The Black Country for you. 8)

    Granny.

    Ah yes, where was he from then, Birmingham? Or a couple of miles down the
    road perhaps?

    No one in England can understand people from the Black Country, so
    foreigners have no hope.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > Ah yes, where was he from then, Birmingham? Or a couple of miles down the
    > road perhaps?
    >
    > No one in England can understand people from the Black Country, so
    > foreigners have no hope.

    Huh. Mine husband, who passess all his emails to me for sending with a 'you
    can read it if you want to...' Ha! Mine husband carries on a conversation
    with an ex-Bilston Grammar School grub and I can't understand a word they
    type. 8(

    Yam-yam, they call it.
    Yow corsay thar about we!

    GG