F1 at startup

June 15, 2004 11:54:16 AM

When I start my computer I have to hit the "F1" to boot to windows. How do
I automatically boot to windows without having to hit F1? Thanks.

More about : startup

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 11:54:17 AM

Hello
Does a screen appear and say?
F1=Normal , F2=Setup
Will it start normal if you just do not push anything?
If not then it sounds like a BIOS problem, enter the BIOS and set the
defaults.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Larry Farrell" <Larry@aandbprinting.com> wrote in message
> When I start my computer I have to hit the "F1" to boot to windows. How
do
> I automatically boot to windows without having to hit F1? Thanks.

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 10:26:14 PM

This may happen if the onboard battery is failing or has failed. When you
restart the computer, what is the date the computer recognizes. If it is
not the current date/time the battery is dead and needs to be replaced.

--
Please respond back to the newsgroup when your problem has been solved to
assist all in the newsgroup!

"Haus" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message
> Hello
> Does a screen appear and say?
> F1=Normal , F2=Setup
> Will it start normal if you just do not push anything?
> If not then it sounds like a BIOS problem, enter the BIOS and set the
> defaults.
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
>
> --
> Hope This Helps
> Haus
> Not a MVP
> Not a MS-MVP
> Not nothing just a good ole boy..;)
> "Larry Farrell" <Larry@aandbprinting.com> wrote in message
> > When I start my computer I have to hit the "F1" to boot to windows. How
> do
> > I automatically boot to windows without having to hit F1? Thanks.

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 10:54:34 PM

Greetings --

Fix the BIOS error that's causing the motherboard to hold the boot
process until you intervene. The error will be displayed on the same
screen that's asking you to press <F1> to continue.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm