VIA Chrome 9 problem

iplaygames

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
i have a asus motherboard with via chrome 9 chipset.
the problem is that most of the games run with corrupt graphics, as shown in images below:
51501221.png

74254866.png

please suggest what should i do.
i have noticed that open gl games work fine with no graphical corruption, like quake3, doom 3,and counter strike work fine,but nfs carbon[above] age of mythology and prince of persia 2 warrior within have image corruption,
what can i do??
can a software correct the above problem??
please help me.

iplaygames

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

what you suggest does not help i have tried updating drivers. the only thing that happened was more games ran on my pc nothing else . problem remains sir.
any other software that helps disable some properties of the chipset( i want to disable the pixel shader support)
is there any such software.

iplaygames

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

i dont have a budget for such an expensive card.
i will have to rebuy my smps also ,its a local brand(intex,)
its only 220w max.

Does that GPU come with any sort of 'control center' or the like? If it does, go in and set everything to default and then try running the game on minimum settings. There could be some setting that the GPU can't do and is causing issue.

Since you're having some DX9 problems I'd say that your drivers are probably corrupted. If you can get in contact with the people that built that PC perhaps they have a solution for you. I would suggest doing a clean OS install and then installing the latest drivers for your chipset. It may be best to get them from the ASUS website. Check the version that ASUS has on their website and then head over the VIA website to check the release notes for that version as it may give you some insight as to if you will have that problem again or not.

iplaygames

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

every thing is default.still no good
the problem exists.

in one game , civ city rome, there was an option to use no shaders or shder model 2.0 or 1.1
i used in 1.1 and 2.0 ,both showed very corrupt images. but the moment i used no shader the graphical corruption reduced to a very small amount. can it be that the hardware is not good enough for shader support.

and another instance is of warcraft 3
i have corrupt images when i use texture resolution low or med , as soon as it is made high it becomes clear of any corruption.

does this mean that the problem is in the driver itself???
please suggest a solution

TRENDING THREADS