sag0

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Just got this card, I'd like to know how to change the fan speed without voiding my warranty. AMD fan upgraded to Nvidia for PhysX mostly, something that AMD doesn't have.

HansVonOhain

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Download MSI Afterburner.

While I am a nice person I will give you a link to the download.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Afterburner-2.1.0-Beta-7-download-2604.html

At the bottom of the page you will see different sources to download from (Europe, Sweden). Choose any of those links.

After that, click Agree on the bottom of that page where there is a statement.

A rar based download will appear, unzip it and double click on .exe, which is the installation program.

Install it, open the program, and at the bottom left you will see Fan Speed. Tick off the auto, and move the slider to the right to increase the percentage, meaning increasing the fan speed. After that, click Apply.

sag0

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Thank you, I could of found the download myself ;)

Still another question, does this void my warranty? I just bought this and erm...my screen went black for a 3 seconds and said driver problem successfully fixed in different wording so......I want my warranty bad.

sag0

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I just upgraded the card, this actually happened with my 4870 sometimes. Every part was removed, cleaned thoroughly and replaced thermal paste everything is back where it should be that's not the problem. What I'm going to do is install w7 64bit, reformat it too.

Precision won't let me change my speeds. Not sure how to unlock it.

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Possibly. I wouldn't even try to get it past them, because even if you successfully get a failed overclocked card past them I consider doing so kind of dishonest. Besides, if enough people start doing that and the company gets wind of it they'll probably start shortening their warranties, screwing the honest people who only request warranty service fro true defects, not tweaking gone wrong.

MegaBUD

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
EVGA are overclock friendly... like gigabyte and xfx... if you have to RMA the card... be sure that the right cooler and bios is on the card... also that they can read the serial number.

Lol... i burned so many gigabyte mobo... summer is very hot in montreal :)