Speaker Problem

Hi, i recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate. After getting everything set up, i discovered my 5.1 surround sound speakers did not work. After filling in the "speaker fill" option under Enhancements, they began working, but don't work quite right. They are Logitech's X-530 speakers, and i have contacted them for a possible solution. Just wanted a second opinion, so i figured i would give you guys a try. Thanks for the help.
6 answers Last reply
More about speaker problem
  1. What driver are u using?

x32 or x64bit Windows?
  2. I am using the 32 bit version of windows, and the driver is the standard driver that came with windows 7. I tried updating to the latest driver for my video card, (which were XP drivers i ran in compatability mode for Vista), and that didn't help either. I uninstalled it and re-installed the standard Microsoft driver.
  3. Do u have audio card too?
  4. This does indeed sound like an audio driver settings. Whether you're using onboard audio or have a discreet card, verify that you're using the latest drivers available.
  5. Can u post your hardware info? Mobo to start with. Maybe there is a driver somewhere.
    Or laptop model.
  6. bil_drk said:
    Hi, i recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate. After getting everything set up, i discovered my 5.1 surround sound speakers did not work. After filling in the "speaker fill" option under Enhancements, they began working, but don't work quite right. They are Logitech's X-530 speakers, and i have contacted them for a possible solution. Just wanted a second opinion, so i figured i would give you guys a try. Thanks for the help.

"they began working, but don't work quite right."

So what do they sound like?

And did they worked under XP?
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Speakers Windows XP