Need suggestion for CPU and motherboard....(AGP & DDR).

leaping-lemur

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Hello,

I need to know what I should buy for a motherboard and CPU....

I currently have an AGP (Sapphire Radeon x1650) and Mushkin DDR400 RAM (3-3-3-8) and a sata hard drive I want to re-use......

Mostly media and video game use.......

Thanks,

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005

A list of what you have (models please) and how much $$$ you can spend will help immensely.
You may be able to salvage the case, psu, hard drive, monitor and accessories. Then again, you may not.
Depends on what you have...
The ram and video card will be toast unless you just decide not to upgrade at all.

leaping-lemur

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I am working with a 32" hd tv as a monitor 1080i, cd burner, dvd rom, ....

I wanted to use the ram and agp card because I just recently bought for a motherboard that conked out..... only spent $30cdn/gig on the ram and $60 cdn for the video card(Sapphire Radeon x1650 pro).....could try selling it if i could get close to this....both have maybe 5 hrs on them......I can get the cpu on e-bay really cheap.....I also liked the AsRock 4core-dual because of the future readiness of the board.......

This board says it can handle a quad core processor....will this still work with my ram(DDR 400, pc 3200) and agp? I can get a cpu cheap on ebay or something...and this mobo is only $60-$80 so for the $150 I think this is still my best bet......