New Build crashes when installing files, or updates

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 17, 2009 12:04:44 AM

Hello Guys,

Recently i built this computer for my father, i proceeded and installed windows vista 64bit and it seemed to install without a problem. Now, the computer crashes everytime i try to install something. Whenever i run windows updates it downloads the updates without a problem, but when its time to install them it crashed with a blue screen that says System Service Exception. Sometimes it even crashes when i try to download a file, and a lot of times it says that windows has encountered an error with certain programs (mosly with my d-link connection manager) and closes the program and can't be opened again unless i restart the computer.

The configurations are as follows.

motherboard: EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW Motherboard
power supply: Copper Power Supply, 80Plus
ram: 4 PNY XLR8 Dual Channel 4096MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz Memory (amounting to 8gb ram)
processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Processor BX80571E7400 - 2.80GHz
video card: XFX GeForce 9800 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3

Thats the specs i thought you may need, if you need anything else let me know.

Someone recommended me to do a memtest and i did and it showed me thousands of errors but i wouldnt know exactly what do to with this information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

More about : build crashes installing files updates

May 17, 2009 12:27:02 AM

have a look in BIOS at the RAM voltage

chances are its 2.1 volt RAM and the mb will be running at 1.8 V

if that doesnt fix the problem take half the ram out . The machine wont be slower , and might even be faster
May 17, 2009 12:36:08 AM

Outlander_04 said:
have a look in BIOS at the RAM voltage

chances are its 2.1 volt RAM and the mb will be running at 1.8 V

if that doesnt fix the problem take half the ram out . The machine wont be slower , and might even be faster

edit: never mind, i get it lol. Ok i'll check the settings and then i'll tell you if that fixed the problem
!