Adding a fan to hyper 212

npowers86

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
i just bought a coolermaster 212 plus and was wondering if adding another fan would help with cooling. it has one 120 mm already and i was thinking of adding one more. what kind of improvements would i see? thanks

klbg

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
There are a few different factors, but adding a 58CFM fan to mine lowered the temp by about 2 degrees. It won't be an amazing improvement but for higher overclocks that much can make the difference between stable and unstable.

How could anyone possibly answer that?? LOOL

Nobody knows what cpu you have, what case, what other cooling, or what your room temperature is. That's like asking if you ate more broccoli when you were a kid, would you have less wrinkles now.

I tested a 212+ with different fans a while ago on my C2 unlocked 550BE @ 3.7GHz and found with the stock fan max temp hit 51C with 2 x 93CFM fans 47C and with 2 very loud fans of unknown spec 44C. The loud fans where to noisy to run all the time.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
My opinion:
If your temps. are good with a single fan, than your good to go. If you feel that your overall case/system temps. could be brought down a bit, look at the system as a whole. As posted above, a second fan on the 212+ will generally bring temps. down by 1 or 2 degrees C if you are currently running "normal" temps.