MSConfig - StartUp Tab; Removing duplicates or unused/unne..

OS = Windows XP Pro
When I run MSConfig and go to the Startup page I have
approximately 13 entries which I have unchecked. Many are
duplicates, some are for Software applications no longer
installed on the machine, and some are ones I seldom, but
sometimes re-check.

My question is, how do I permenantly remove the duplicates
and links to software previously removed?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about msconfig startup removing duplicates unused unne

    Hi

    You can clear the unchecked entries in msconfig via a file from the
    following link:

    Line 148 - right hand side

    Courtesy of MVP Kelly.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | OS = Windows XP Pro
    | When I run MSConfig and go to the Startup page I have
    | approximately 13 entries which I have unchecked. Many are
    | duplicates, some are for Software applications no longer
    | installed on the machine, and some are ones I seldom, but
    | sometimes re-check.
    |
    | My question is, how do I permenantly remove the duplicates
    | and links to software previously removed?
    |
    | Thanks

    Hi Doug,

    The unchecked [disabled] items in MSCONFIG are moved here:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg]

    You may either delete the keys manually, or download this VBS:

    Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup [Tip 148]

    The enabled ones might be present here:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c9f201c452e4$3d7dc410$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    OS = Windows XP Pro
    When I run MSConfig and go to the Startup page I have
    approximately 13 entries which I have unchecked. Many are
    duplicates, some are for Software applications no longer
    installed on the machine, and some are ones I seldom, but
    sometimes re-check.

    My question is, how do I permenantly remove the duplicates
    and links to software previously removed?

    Thanks

Configuration Software Microsoft Msconfig Windows XP