Sign in with
Your question

How do i find the right CPU??

Last response: in CPUs
August 20, 2009 10:11:19 PM

I am looking to get a new CPU because mine is quite dated. My problem is, i dont know a lot about CPU's. So far, i got my motherboard model, went to the website, found my model, and found the CPU's that are compatible. I also found that i need a 939 socket, and im looking for a AMD Athlon 64 X2. Anything else i need to know before getting a new CPU??
Thank you!

More about : find cpu

August 20, 2009 10:35:59 PM

Well, i have a GeForce 9800 GTX, and 3 GB of RAM. Would i be able to take those out of this one, and put them in the new one??
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 20, 2009 11:14:09 PM

The ram is dead.
Pick the cpu first, then look for the right motherboard.
Then based on the motherboard, pick the ram.
m
l
Related resources
August 20, 2009 11:28:08 PM

i think i found a fairly good computer that i could tweak out a bit, but im trying to keep it as cheap as possible, and it gives me the option for an integrated video card or a better one for more, but i have the 9800. so am i able to take out the integrated video card? im sorry, but it just makes it sound like you cant take the integrated video card out and replace it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 20, 2009 11:56:36 PM

Spin this a different way:

What's your budget and what components are you looking at keeping?
m
l
August 21, 2009 12:17:30 AM

im shooting for 400-600
im just looking to keep my video card, i dont really have much else to keep except my RAM, but i cant use that.

i dont really want anything else except a good processor, a reasonable amount of memory, and about 3 or 4 Gigs of RAM, i have everything else.
m
l
August 21, 2009 2:43:09 AM

i think i found a good one, its a Dell Inspiron 546, it starts out cheap, but if i cuthomize it, it turns out really good, and only $409, but it gives me the option to get a integrated video card, which comes with the pc, or a real video, which cost extra, my question is, if i get the integrated video card, can i still put my 9800 in it?
m
l
!