Looking for XP drivers for new laptop...

Balthraka

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Hey TH'ers,

So, I have just bought myself an Asus U31SD.
And I want to put XP on it (please, no questions/arguments about why).

I have gotten rid of the original install and installed XP with no problems, however I have a (somewhat obvious) driver issue.
All the standard XP ones are fine, but there are 5 or 6 which cannot be found (VGA, Lan, Ethernet, etc (the usual suspects)) as well as the hotkeys (specifically volume) and touchpad and stuff like that.
I can get drivers off the Asus website, and I backed up all the drivers before wiping anyway, however, most of them will not work on an XP build. I managed to get the Ethernet to work and I got the wireless to pick up reception but wont connect to anything, but the rest are just not happening. (And, as I said, the ones that are are still sketchy).

I have used Driver Agent and Driver Identifier to find the missing ones codes etc and have tried a few different downloads, but none of them seem to work (either they dont get found through device manager, dont work or are for Windows 7.)
I also cant get them to Auto Update Online through device manager (while getting online through a portable internet stick thing.)

Basically, just wondering if anyone can give me any help or advice as to possible solutions?
I cant think of anything else to try, but I might be missing something really simple or someone might have a good idea...

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Tim

Basically, installing a non-supported OS on a laptop will not work. There are those on here that would disagree, but I've yet to see someone get a laptop working without crashes or other issues when they tried to install XP on a laptop without drivers from the vendor.

You should be able to run XP in a virtual machine though. Or do a web search for anyone else that has done this and was able to load the drivers.

icedhot

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
i m looking for a new icore3 laptop & would also like to install windows xp but cannot find driver from manufactor website. anyone have any luck?

would this program help?

http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/