fcmoss

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
I am running Windows XP SP 3 on an Intel Quad Core 2.5 G. My C drive is full and I'm moving the My Documents folder to my D: drive.
Transferring large files from C to D (video, Flash) or lots of files hangs the system, forcing a cold reboot. Plus it's very slow.
As an experiment I tried moving files from C to an external (Firewire) drive with no problems. Is my D drive about to fail?
If so, can I use the external drive for My Documents?

fcmoss

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Thanks for the heads up: the temp test reported high (48 deg. C) and it actually became inaccessible until i let the system cool down. I was able to retrieve all the data after cool down and am replacing the drive.

Can you tell me what I should look for in the power supply? I have 4 internal HDs a DVD, external Firewire and USB drives.

fcmoss

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Thanks for the heads up: the temp test reported high (48 deg. C) and it actually became inaccessible until i let the system cool down. I was able to retrieve all the data after cool down and am replacing the drive.

Can you tell me what I should look for in the power supply? I have 4 internal HDs a DVD, external Firewire and USB drives.

fcmoss

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009

fcmoss

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009

Thanks again. The drive was on its way to HD heaven. But I got the data from it and have a shiuny new 1 Terabyte drive to relace it.