How much does FPS increase by from Overclocking?

So my current computer graphics card is a GeForce GT 130M 600/500/1500 Graphics card. (core/memory/shader)

By overclocking it, how much of a fps increase can I expect in games?
Also if anyone have overclocked this type of graphics card before, can you please tell me how much you overclocked it by?

I think my CPU and RAM are both fine, so it's just the graphics card that requires improvement.
(3.06 Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram)
8 answers Last reply
More about increase overclocking
  1. I would just get a different graphics card. Your current card is extremely weak and probably not worth the effort of overclocking just to get a couple FPS extra. There are plenty of graphics cards <$200 that pack plenty of performance if you don't want to spend too much on a new card.
  2. Still being a highschool student, even cheap graphics cards are out of the question :( So overclocking my current one is the only solution in sight. How much fps improvement will there be aprox. though?
  3. Most games aren't CPU bound, I still play games on my C2D 3Ghz and most play fine and the thing holding me back is still my graphic card, not my GPU.
  4. If I am not mistaken, the 130M sounds like a laptop graphics chip.

If so, you are as good as you will ever get. Laptops do not usually have any overclocking capabilities, and you really can't replace the graphics chip.
  5. draiklord said:
    Still being a highschool student, even cheap graphics cards are out of the question :( So overclocking my current one is the only solution in sight. How much fps improvement will there be aprox. though?

Hey, I'm in highschool too and look at the rig I have in my sig. :P (no I'm not a spoiled rich kid, I have a summer job) Honestly I would do whatever you can to scrape together $100 for a better card if you can, the difference will be enormous. If you can't do even that you can download a tool like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision and overclock your current card. Depending on how much of an overclock you do I'd estimate a 5-10% gain at most.
  6. ^^ Good point.
  7. In general, anything card with "m" or "mobility" is for laptops/netbooks.
    Overclocking results change from case to case, but usually isn't one that creates a 20 FPS difference from a 10 FPS game.
  8. lol go save 120 dollar maybe can get a gtx 560
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking