Motherboard for 2600k

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Crossfire
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
March 22, 2011 10:00:45 AM

helo :) 
i need help with choosing motherboard for 2600k.
the price doesnt matter i need the best motherboard for crossfire my 5770 and for big OC.
thx for help :) 

More about : motherboard 2600k

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2011 1:04:24 PM

If this is a gaming PC, get a 2500K and put the 100$ you saved toward a better GPU (or better GPUs).

If you want a board that is more than good enough, you can try the MSI P67A-GD53 (B3), if you want a bit more high-end, wait for the ASUS P8P67 Pro B3 to be in stock (~190$) and if you want to go further, there is the ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION and if you have money to waste, get the last one and send me the extra cash or get ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME.

Using the same video cards, the gaming performance between a 2500K on the cheapest of the boards above compared to the 2600K on the priciest will probably be 5-10% at most. If you put that same 300$ toward better video cards, you can probably get 25-50% more FPS.
March 22, 2011 8:19:57 PM

thx for the help but im considering between gigabyte GAP67A UD7 or ASRock Fatal1ty?
Related resources
March 22, 2011 8:32:23 PM

I say GIGABYTE and get better GPU's pointless getting a decent machine if your GPU sucks!
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
March 22, 2011 8:34:55 PM

I see no point in a 'Big OC' with dual 5770's. You'll be just fine at stock speeds. You won't need to overclock until you upgrade your video cards.
March 22, 2011 8:45:52 PM

my next upgrade in a few months will be the gpu :) 
you suggest the gigabayte ?
March 22, 2011 8:48:43 PM

Ya those Gigabyte boards are amazing i have a X58 series GIGABYTE mobo and i love it
GAP67A UD7 is a amazing board but you need better GPU otherwise point less you gonna bottle neck
March 24, 2011 8:42:46 PM

Quote:
Why would you waste your money on the UD7? It doesn't even have the EFI bios

UEFI* Bios are a sham. Basically they are making the bios more ascetically pleasing to look at and navigate. The UD7 over clocks faster then the maximus from ASUS. Mainly because the new bios are still extremely buggy. I would rather go with proven hardware then shiny and glichy. [:isamuelson:8]

If you want the best board available get the UD7 hands down it is currently the king. Maximus has a price tag that matches but has half the features of the UD7.

UEFi Bios = [:bohleyk:4]

at least until they make them seamless and work the kinks out, then I will be open to adopting them fully.

Also if you want the best graphical experience. I would get 2x gtx 580s they are amazing cards. The 5770s are awesome cards for their price range. But if you want the best of the best the 580 is my recommendation for you. If this is not the case then looking at the UD7 from Gigabyte might not be worth it to you either :??: 

a b K Overclocking
March 24, 2011 8:55:37 PM

Should we remind the OP to wait for revised boards to be released with the "fixed" chipset?
March 24, 2011 9:03:58 PM

Even Crash from the TH team admitted that the Delux board from ASUS was as good or better then the Maximus
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/264483-29-asrock-extr...

The main feature is that the UD7 can run duel gpus at x16 pci maximus goes down to x8 x8 right away.

As for bios, your telling me you would rather have each company putting out different versions of bio's instead of 1 type for each company ? Some uEFI bios might be really good but there are too many bad versions out as well.

March 24, 2011 9:07:49 PM

cadder said:
Should we remind the OP to wait for revised boards to be released with the "fixed" chipset?

Almost all the boards being sold by main stream venders now (newegg, microcenter, tiger direct) are B3. Unless you buy from a "sketchy" vendor or ebay you shouldnt need to worry about the sata corruption problem at all.

In the worst possible case, enfaces on worst, you get a board with the problem. SATA ports 0 and 1 work perfectly on the older boards. All of them. This is still unacceptable, but far from being unusable.
March 24, 2011 9:13:05 PM

Quote:
No offense but crash isn't a major player in the overclocking game. He's no Shimano

Sigh, I apologize for offending you. From my current knowledge I do not believe the Maximus to be all its cracked up to be, and I can be wrong in this. Wouldnt be the first or last time. I have used one and they are nice to work on. My brothers new rig has one and its nice but he said he wished has had spent the extra money on an ssd instead. (which he doesnt have yet) and just gone with the deluxe version. Take this as a grain of salt though this is just 2 peoples perspective.

If it makes things better at all then Ill say this. Both the Maximus and the UD7 will fit your needs as a high end user.
!