system 32 config

June 15, 2004 5:34:02 PM

My computer won't start and a error message of:
\windows\system32\config\system
It suggests I use my set-up disk hand Hit the r button to
start the repair process. I've done this and nothing
happens.
Help

More about : system config

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 10:55:01 PM

Greetings --

The precise recovery steps are here:

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"Connie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer won't start and a error message of:
> \windows\system32\config\system
> It suggests I use my set-up disk hand Hit the r button to
> start the repair process. I've done this and nothing
> happens.
> Help
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 1:38:13 AM

Hi

Try here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307545

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Connie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| My computer won't start and a error message of:
| \windows\system32\config\system
| It suggests I use my set-up disk hand Hit the r button to
| start the repair process. I've done this and nothing
| happens.
| Help
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 10:45:20 AM

Hi there,

I had a client wich his hard drive had the same problem
when booting the second time while installing windows xp
sp1.
He tryed recovery console but there was no change at all.
He tryed another windows cd, but still no change.
After changing a few things (ntdetect.com and ntldr with a
boot disk) it was saying ntldr missing. Did the HDD had
problems reading the boot sector, was it corrupt. Not
physically, I ran the PowerMax utility to verify the
Maxtor HDD.
He couldnt also install xp on the NTFS, it hang during the
first reboot.
We changed fir a new HDD, and there we go!! It was working
perfectly!
Ter
!