Unable to connect to scanner or camera

Vellies

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
I have a Nikon S4000 camera that is unable to connect to my PC. I have tried it on other computers and my laptop and it works fine. Just not on my main computer. Please help. I have Windows XP Professional on this PC. It just makes a computer noise and the camera's battery charge light comes on, but nothing else happens and if I go to "My Computer" to see if it picked up... there is nothing except C: the other drives that shows are empty.

Your post is confusing - title says scanner & camera - body says camera.
Take me thru what you are doing, eg, startup windows, then plug camera in, etc.

Do other drives show if camera is not plugged in ?
Do other computers it worked on have same OS & USB ports ?
Is the scanner you mention in this mix at all ? :cry:

Vellies

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Thanx for your reply. It is about my camera. I use windows XP Professional. When I plug my camera into the USB it gets picked up by the computer I suppose because it makes a du-dum noise but it is immediately rejected because it makes the same noise again and it doesn't show under "My Computer" like in the past. The other operating systems that I have tried (and it works still) is Windows 7 and Vista Ultimate. I don't know if it has the same USB ports (I am not really knowledgeable with computers - sorry) Does my answer help you to help me?

IMO you should reinstall software and drivers from CD that came with camera. Or, contact http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/index.page? for your model nbr.

Hope this helps. :pt1cable: