Corsair HX620 enough for overcocked i5 w GTX 560 OC?

kyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
Just as the subject says. I have a Corsair HX620 PSU that I have absolutely loved since day once, mainly because it runs cool and I can't hear it. I just now build a new system:

Intel i5 2500K
MSI P67S-C43 (B3)
Corsair XM3 8GB
EVGA GTX 560ti OC (900Mhz)
2 x Western Digital 320GB SATA/3
1 x Samsung 22X Optical
1 x Audigy 2 (wtf??)

I intend to try and overclock eventually to 4.0Ghz once I get a good cooler as well as replace the stock hsf on the GTX 560 with the Accellero Xtreme Plus. Will this power supply push enough juice for these components with the CPU overclocked to 4.0Ghz?

Also, I believe this PSU only has 1 4pin aux connector for CPU power, but the motherboard can use either 4 or 8pin. I just got everything up and running with CPU at stock no issues what so ever. Infact it was the quickest and most painless build in 15 years. I understand you can do with just the 4pin, but the 8pin is needed if you do huge overclocking. Will this PSU suffice with the 4 pin if going to 4.0Ghz or should I wait until I can afford another PSU before overclocking?

The 620 HX originally came with both a 4 pin and an 8 pin cpu power connector, then was revised and given a 4+4 connector, you do have an 8 pin.

TRENDING THREADS