Raid 0 help

I have a 1 TB F3 Spinpoint and a 1 TB WD Caviar Black that I would like to put into RAID 0. From what I understand, everything would have to be reinstalled to function correctly since the data on the drive will be erased when it's formatted. Instead of reinstalling everything, can I just create a system image on an external drive, put it in RAID 0 and then get that system image to reinstall everything (including Windows 7)? Or do I have to manually reinstall everything?
1 answer Last reply
More about raid help
  1. whoisme555 said:
    I have a 1 TB F3 Spinpoint and a 1 TB WD Caviar Black that I would like to put into RAID 0. From what I understand, everything would have to be reinstalled to function correctly since the data on the drive will be erased when it's formatted. Instead of reinstalling everything, can I just create a system image on an external drive, put it in RAID 0 and then get that system image to reinstall everything (including Windows 7)? Or do I have to manually reinstall everything?

Spent an hour google searching and found out that Acronis True Image will do the trick, this thread can be closed.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Spinpoint Western Digital Storage