Sign in with
Your question

Raid 0 help

Last response: in Storage
January 13, 2011 5:45:27 PM

I have a 1 TB F3 Spinpoint and a 1 TB WD Caviar Black that I would like to put into RAID 0. From what I understand, everything would have to be reinstalled to function correctly since the data on the drive will be erased when it's formatted. Instead of reinstalling everything, can I just create a system image on an external drive, put it in RAID 0 and then get that system image to reinstall everything (including Windows 7)? Or do I have to manually reinstall everything?

More about : raid

January 13, 2011 6:45:17 PM

whoisme555 said:
I have a 1 TB F3 Spinpoint and a 1 TB WD Caviar Black that I would like to put into RAID 0. From what I understand, everything would have to be reinstalled to function correctly since the data on the drive will be erased when it's formatted. Instead of reinstalling everything, can I just create a system image on an external drive, put it in RAID 0 and then get that system image to reinstall everything (including Windows 7)? Or do I have to manually reinstall everything?

Spent an hour google searching and found out that Acronis True Image will do the trick, this thread can be closed.
!