Sign in with
Your question

OCing my Amd Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

Last response: in Overclocking
March 23, 2011 10:43:01 AM

Hello,
I got a new pc 2 weeks back. My processor is mentioned in the title..I have an Asus M4A89GTD Pro Mother board. RAM 4GB(2x2)..Cooler Master Elite 360 cabinet and a stock CPU Cooler...My current temps are 36'C on idle and about 61'C when its at 100% load(prime 95 torture test)....I want to overclock a bit...I will get an after market cooler only after a few months or maybe a year, so I just want to slightly to overclock it....I DO NOT want to enter the BIOS . I want to Overclock using the Asus tool. My motherboard has some features like Turbo Boost, Core unlocker etc...I've turned those off at the moment..If i switch on Turbo boost, I get a 3.5GHZ speed...I want to use the program to auto overclock the processor....I want to know how much can i go with the stock cooler...??Any limits?? And please guide me to use the overclocking facility through the Asus software....There is something called multiplier....which we can increase for all four cores...(in that software) Should I just increase the multiplier or should I go for that Auto tuning, Extreme Tuning, Custom Tuning options? Kindly guide me
a c 139 à CPUs
a c 242 K Overclocking
March 23, 2011 11:18:45 AM

Your cpu max temp for long time below 60c, I see above your temp when under stress is 61c, don't oc your system because you have hot temperature issued, don't wait till next year for upgrade cooler. If you want oc your system , get good cooler now.
m
l
March 23, 2011 12:58:38 PM

Firstly, I can't find a good after market cooler for my case.(Cooler Master Elite 360)...I wanted to get the CM Hyper 212 but I heard that it doesn't fit my cabinet.....Since my cabinet is new, I don't want to change it.....Are there any good after market coolers for my case which would actually lower my temperatures ?? My budget is only about Rs.1,500(which is about $35)

Secondly, Can't I slightly overclock with my stock cooler?? I just want to do it with the software Turbo V Evo......
m
l
Related resources
a c 139 à CPUs
a c 242 K Overclocking
March 23, 2011 1:21:59 PM

Yes but don't too much keep your temp below 55c, go bios disabled smart fan, disabled cool n quite, disabled c1e, set overclock manual, just increase multiplier step by step, check temp use hw monitor,
Don't use amd over drive just via bios
m
l
!