No Audio Sound

thejj924

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Moterboard: ASUS P6T SE
Processor: Core i7 920
Graphic Card: XFX 4850 1GB

I just hooked it up to my 32" LCD TV through a DVI to HDMI Cable and now i do not get any sound. Any Help?

thejj924

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
tried it didnt work says is unplugged. tried the Realtek HDMI Audio Driver didnt work. i figured id ask for help after i tried everything from google

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
The HDMI Audio driver should come as a part of the latest Cat 9.4 and Cat 9.5 drivers, so I would recommend you to uninstall any other drivers and then reinstalling them over again.
You should be able to right click on the Audio Devices inthe system tray and ATI HDMI should be listed there, selct it and then click on Set Default.
I also have Vista 64 Bit but the HD 4870 1GB in Crossfire, and I've never had problems with Sound over HDMI.

The only issue I had was, when running FarCry 2 in DX10 sound over HDMI would not work, but that was resolved in the last Cat 9.5 drivers.

Hope you get it fixed.

Cheers

thejj924

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
just tried that, reinstalled Cat 9.5 from xfx website. did not work, anybody else have ideas (other than be buying speakers). i normally do not have a problem with this stuff; but i have tried everything.

1) searched google. for 'ati hdmi audio drivers' came up with Realtek. mine is ALC1200;
2) uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for EVERYTHING!!!!. did not work
3) uninstalled drivers for video card then uninstalled cat 9.5 and reinstalled both. DID not work.

anybody have any ideas?

You shouldn't need an SPDIF header though.

xx924, you probably need to disable your other onboard audio, and then go into the realtek audio properties
(which should show up as a red speaker icon on the start bar).

From there enable the audio via HDMI, and then go into properties.

This is the easiest pic I could find which shows all the information in one shot;
http://i30.tinypic.com/iz9pvl.jpg