Thermal Paste and the Hyper 212+

ModernCreed

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
I am going to be building my first computer ever as soon as my RAM comes in, but I am starting to get prepared now by learning and rehearsing the steps to building the whole thing.

The only thing that is scaring me is the installation of the cpu cooler and thermal paste. It seems as though everyone has a different method on how to do it.

I am installing a Hyper 212+ on an Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard with an Intel 2600k CPU.

I have found the guide that most people mention that shows how to install TIM on an HDR cooler, but the bottom of the hyper 212+ is quite different in it's design to the one shown in the pictures on that guide.

What is the simplest no BS way to install this cooler?

How did other hyper 212+ owners install there's?

ModernCreed

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

ModernCreed

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for the responses guys. It's by far the most daunting part of putting together my computer and I want to do it right the first time.

One other question: How much pressure can I put on the CPU? Which is to say, how tight should the heatsink be on there?

More presure = best dissipation = best performance.

The front plate and specifically the screws has a limit, if you see the black part in the screws you will see it. You can go until that limit in little steps.

dsc02982q.jpg

dsc02984l.jpg