let me come straight to the point. I have a 2GB Moserbaer micro SD card which I use on My Nokia 7210 Supernova phone. 2 days ago the card malfunctioned, and did not display. I then put the card in the USB card reader and attached it into my PC. Now the problem:-
The USB device is recognized(In my case dive H)but when I double click on it, a messege pops up- "Please insert a disc in drive H:".
The card is inserted but not mounted, so I can't access anything.
Now the things I have already tried:-
1. Format option does not work. trying to format from disc management in my computer fails too.
2. Driver rollback,uninstall and other things I have already tried.
3. Command Prompt can't access the drive so it can't do anything(chkdsk,format etc).
4. Softwares like SD Formatter and recovery softwares don't work since the drive does not show a disc.
5. When I put the card in my MOTOROLA handset it detects the card but can't format or access it.
Most likely it went bad since you tried different options. Happened to one of my SD card too.
it does the same thing to my htc g1..but when i put it in my boost mobile phone and hook it up the usb cord it lets me format the card to FAT32..but when i put it back in g1 it still reads that i have to INSERT A DISK....PLZ HELP
I have a SD card with stuff I know that's on it, but only will be read by internal sd card reader on my gf's netbook? I know it's random, but seriously try a number of different card readers on different computers, internal and USB, (none of the USB ones work for me). Hope this helps, good luck.