Sign in with
Your question

I can't get my Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO 512MB DDR3 PCIE HDCP Video Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2009 1:32:12 AM

To show up on my computer.When i put it in the PCI slot the fan starts running but it is not loading up or any thing else.i have downloaded the driver for it but when i plug in my monitor it is not comming on.So if any one can help me i would be very greatfull.My computer is a Acer Aspire T180
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 2:21:28 AM

what is your power supply (detailed info, make, model, amps on the rails)
a c 1411 U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 2:28:22 AM

are you connecting the power from the psu to the card?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 2:30:04 AM

oooh ^+1 i forget about simple questions like that
June 8, 2009 2:36:45 AM

really don't know about these things when i pluged the card in the fan started so thought the card had power.But if that is not the way it works then i have know clue any help with this would be very helpfull.Thanks
June 8, 2009 10:25:25 PM

Um did you shut the computer off first? I know its a stupid question but i have to ask.

As for power, the pci-e slot does supply power to the card but not all that the GPU needs. on the end of the card there is a 6 pin power plug that needs to be accommodated by a cable from your PSU or by the adapter that was supplied with you GPU.

GL

Irish
a c 376 U Graphics card
June 9, 2009 12:10:01 AM

FYI that card isn't nearly as good as its 384/768 mb brethren. Nvidia really gimped the new version.
June 9, 2009 6:33:49 PM

the only adapter that came with the card is a little small plug that plaug into a small slot ( not the 6 pin power slot ) and it comes off into to 2 single plugs that i have no idea where they go. Can u buy another power source and plug it into it and if so how many watts.
!