I can't get my Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO 512MB DDR3 PCIE HDCP Video Card

To show up on my computer.When i put it in the PCI slot the fan starts running but it is not loading up or any thing else.i have downloaded the driver for it but when i plug in my monitor it is not comming on.So if any one can help me i would be very greatfull.My computer is a Acer Aspire T180
8 answers Last reply
More about nvidia geforce 9600 512mb ddr3 pcie hdcp video card
  1. what is your power supply (detailed info, make, model, amps on the rails)
  2. are you connecting the power from the psu to the card?
  3. oooh ^+1 i forget about simple questions like that
  4. really don't know about these things when i pluged the card in the fan started so thought the card had power.But if that is not the way it works then i have know clue any help with this would be very helpfull.Thanks
  5. Um did you shut the computer off first? I know its a stupid question but i have to ask.

As for power, the pci-e slot does supply power to the card but not all that the GPU needs. on the end of the card there is a 6 pin power plug that needs to be accommodated by a cable from your PSU or by the adapter that was supplied with you GPU.

GL

Irish
  6. FYI that card isn't nearly as good as its 384/768 mb brethren. Nvidia really gimped the new version.
  7. the only adapter that came with the card is a little small plug that plaug into a small slot ( not the 6 pin power slot ) and it comes off into to 2 single plugs that i have no idea where they go. Can u buy another power source and plug it into it and if so how many watts.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics