Intel X-25 VS X-25 Mainstream.

Hello

Could someone please tell me the difference between Intel X-25 and Intel X-25 Mainstream SSD?

Newegg.com has the 160 gig X-25 for 399.99 and X-25 Mainstream for 415.99.
I did a side by side comparison and I don't see any difference in the specs. The only difference I see is the price which is more for the Mainstream by 16 dollars.

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about intel mainstream
  1. You could quote the part numbers and we can see better but I assume one is the retail version with a 3.5" bracket and the other is the oem style with just a bare drive.

There is an x-25e which is the enterprise version but I don't think you're seeing that here.
  2. No they are both retail

Sorry for the limited info. Here is the link for both items.

399.99 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167032

415.99 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167024
  3. Look closely at the part numbers:

SSDSA2MH160G2K5 - this one doesn't come with a mounting bracket
    SSDSA2MH160G2R5 - this one comes with the 2.5" to 3.5" mounting bracket

You can buy mounting brackets for less than the difference in price, though.
  4. For the newegg details under features they both say they come with a mounting bracket. Only difference is the 419 one does not say SATA data cable inlcuded in the features . So i'm not sure what you mean unless Newegg made an error in the listing.

399.99 - Includes installation kit that contains: 3.5" desktop drive bay adapter to 2.5" SSD adapter bracket, SATA data cable, power cable, screws, installation guide, and warranty documentation

419.99 - Includes installation kit that contains: 3.5" desktop drive bay adapter to 2.5" SSD adapter bracket, screws, installation guide, and warranty documentation
  5. I saw that too and it made me wonder but I didn't have time to take the trip down intel lane. I wouldn't get too worried. If you're in the market for a $400 ssd you should look to the sandforce 2000 series coming out any day from OCZ
  6. mrfaces said:
    For the newegg details under features they both say they come with a mounting bracket. Only difference is the 419 one does not say SATA data cable inlcuded in the features . So i'm not sure what you mean unless Newegg made an error in the listing.
    I was under the impression that it was only the ...R5 SKU that included the mounting bracket, but I could well be wrong.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Intel Storage Product