PSU or Mobo? No display on screen... no beep .. fan works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanzi

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
hey guys ,

i got this problem and searched all over the forums to find a solution but no luck

here it is

My desktop computer wont start its abt 2 years old... was always working fine.. then one day, after i ran all my antivirus for the day and deleted the virus, it stppped to work!!
.. its an Hp a1640n Core 2 Duo , 2 Gb ram, Integrated graph card
The problem is that i turn on the pc, the keyboard/screen lights on for like 1/2 a second then it lights off
I cannot hear any Beeps ( so no BIOS access or anything on the screen )
The fan works properly ( i can hear both of them and i can see them working ) and theres power runing the tower

I tried to remove the RAM, the Hard disk, Reset the BIOS, change RAMS ... no change at all

IMPORTANT NOTE: After 1 month of inactivity, my friend and i tried to turn it on and it worked ( perfectly but was stuck on the anti-virus so we restarted it
and the same problem occured after ) --->>> so i doubt its the Mobo cuz theres no way it would work once if it was fried

sooo.. is this a Mobo problem, or a power supply??
or could it be the power supply isnt well connected ( it worked once! so its not "broken" )

if a mobo is fried, thers no way it would have worked like all of the sudden ( 1 month of inactivity )... right??

if a mobo is broken, it is simply broken and cannot magicly be good again in 1 month ... but not the same wit hPSU?

decimate1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I've had the same problem, where when my computer powers on, there would be no monitor display, nor any beeps. After swapping out many parts I have concluded that my motherboard was faulty (faulty RAM slots perhaps).

Hope that helps!

Kanzi

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
can a mobo be burn but works after 1 month.. then stop to work again??

i thought mobos are made as if they crash, theeres no comeback ( have to buy a nnew one )

Status
Not open for further replies.