Registry Entries

Does anyone know what the Registry entries and parameters
should be for WOWEXEC and NTDVM.

I inadvertently deleted and/or changed these entries when
cleaning up after spyware and adware attacks and now I
can't load any software with a 16-bit setup.exe file.

Thanx.
3 answers Last reply
More about registry entries

    Hi

    Try a System Restore back to a point before the Registry was 'cleaned'.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Shari" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Does anyone know what the Registry entries and parameters
    | should be for WOWEXEC and NTDVM.
    |
    | I inadvertently deleted and/or changed these entries when
    | cleaning up after spyware and adware attacks and now I
    | can't load any software with a 16-bit setup.exe file.
    |
    | Thanx.

    Thanx Will. I was really hoping to not have to do that.
    But, at least now I know and I do have some software now
    that deletes those other nasty registry entries.

    Shari

    Hi Shari

    Make sure that the software doesn't delete anything it shouldn't.

    --

    | Thanx Will. I was really hoping to not have to do that.
    | But, at least now I know and I do have some software now
    | that deletes those other nasty registry entries.
    |
    | Shari

    | >|
    | >| I inadvertently deleted and/or changed these entries
    | when
    | >| cleaning up after spyware and adware attacks and now I
    | >| can't load any software with a 16-bit setup.exe file.
    | >|
    | >| Thanx.
    | >
    | >.

Configuration Registry Microsoft Windows XP