Samsung T220 and Black Macbook(Early 2008) issue

sriram_suresh

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
the samsung T220 has 1 DVI-D(Dual-Link) and 1 VGA Port(Female) behind the screen. My Black Macbook Has a Mini-DVI port and i have connected it to the screen using a new mini-DVI to DVI-D(Dual-Link) convertor... The screen works fine with a VGA connection to my Desktop... Dont have another DVI screen to check though...When i plug it into the macbook, the screen flashes on the laptop and the display has a message "Check Signal Cable-Analog" when i have supposedly connected a digital cable... The system profiler on the mac does not detect an external display !!! STUMPED !!!!! Anybody help plzzzz...

sriram_suresh

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Unfortunately none of apple stores in the city has a stock of those !!!!
JUS MA LUCK :((
Its mind boggling to check if its an issue with the samsung because it is displaying analog error when a DVI cable is connected or the macbook's issue tht it aint detecting the signal...
I remember a time when "Mini-DVI to VGA" converters were having the same issue then apple released a firmware update tht fixed the problem but have browsed and searched all of its support and they are yet to bring out something like that for this...
Quite a few people have faced this problem online and they resorted to VGA after a looong wait....
Am waitin to get this fixed if it can be...