HD4830 and atikmdag failed with BSOD's

sprucebr1

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
My guess is YES. Though you will likely need to download an OpenGL driver from AMD. You may want to check that out first. Are you using Linux? That may not matter, though you may want to check up on that.

daye159

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2007
no linux the openGL Vertex Buffer Objects made the atikmdag fail disabled them an seemd ok but i think the cards defective :(

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
sounds like windows consdering the "blue screen of death" and thats driver issue

try uninstalling, than downlaod and run driver sweeper, restart in safe mode, run driver sweeper again, restart install latest drivers.....again

and yes ATI cards can support openGL 4.1 I think...and be carefull with lunix with ATI cards, as teh bineries for it are messed up

daye159

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2007
i reinstalled vista and the latest ati drivers i still get the bsod's some times other times it just freezes up an have to restart the cards brand new an also it only seems to be gettin 11fps is that normal ?

this is all happening at secondlife its kinda a game sim sorta like a chat place
cant have the opengl vertex buffer objects enabled wied triangle shapes show onscreen and it makes it crash an get bsods faster even on the new release candidate viewer still get bsod's