Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best manufacturing brand of Nvidia Geforce Graphic Card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 5:44:37 PM

XFX and Evga are the top two IMO
June 8, 2009 6:14:20 PM

EVGA is terrible IMHO, I got a GTX 295 from stepup...was brand new, but DOA.
RMA'd, got an OEM that was obviously refurbished, the stickers were peeling off like it's been used for a while, and it wasn't even sealed in the plain white box it came in. Died within 24 hours.
RMA'd again, told them I didn't want no scrubby refurbished garbage, they ignored that and sent me a second OEM one. Thankfully it worked fine, but looked pretty used aswell but I was sick of dealing with EVGA.
Also they said they would reimburse me for shipping...so when I sent the two RMA 295's, I made sure I included a copy of the shipping receipts...turns out they just threw it away when I followed up and asked when I would be getting my cash back for shipping costs. I was without my computer for 2 months with zero compensation. The sales rep had the nerve to offer to reimburse me for shipping for all the trouble like he was doing me a favour, even though that's standard policy as mentioned above.
Ridiculous.
Related resources
June 8, 2009 7:08:34 PM

yeah EVGA and XFX are the most comon, but also the worst for RMAs (EVGA)

I would go for BFG tbh if I had Nvida or XFX or asus
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 7:44:40 PM

I bought EVGA once and it died right after the warranty. SInce then I have purchased an XFX GTX 260 and XFX GTS 250 as both cards came with lifetime warranties.

XFX has better customer support also.
June 8, 2009 8:06:20 PM

IMO and experience, EVGA, PNY, Asus (never dealt with customer support for any of those brands though). I just got a GTX275 from BFG, first experience with them.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 8:14:12 PM

I've had too many issues with EVGA; XFX, BFG, and then a wash.
June 8, 2009 8:14:49 PM

Lol...Forsa ?
Their warranty service is good
I got my replacement within 3 weeks (That's really good for me IMO)
But they're just plain OEM manufacturer
I had a Winfast 5700Ultra and 6600GT before...never had any really issue with them
they're still working in good condition of course i already replace the thermal compound
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 171 Î Nvidia
June 8, 2009 10:13:51 PM

I like XFX, never had a problem with any of their cards although my nephew did kill the 6600GT that got passed down to him (to be fair he was third in line).
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 8, 2009 10:22:56 PM

i have owned evga, xfx, msi, and asus cards. never had an issue with any of them.

everyone has their favorite manufactures, most happen to be the one in their current PC.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 171 Î Nvidia
June 8, 2009 10:32:48 PM

ct1615 said:
i have owned evga, xfx, msi, and asus cards. never had an issue with any of them.

everyone has their favorite manufactures, most happen to the be the on in their current PC.

Hey, just 'cos I got a couple of XFX 8800GT Alpha Dogs and an XFX 8400GS and my last rig had an XFX7900GT (paired with an Asus 7900GT) and the one before that had an XFX 6600GT in it, I am not biased in any way shape or form and resent your implication. :kaola: 
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 11:29:45 PM

I prefer BFG. Have had good experience with two cards - including one that was DOA and they replaced it immediatel. They also generally have the best warranty.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 11:33:47 PM

Hmm with Nvidia cards i've had...

PNY
Leadtek
BFG
BFG
XFX

Best one was the leadtek, dunno if they even still exist now. Both BFG's died (fan) but at least the warranty was useful.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2009 11:39:18 PM

I have excellent results from BFG... 4 generations of Nvidia cards no issues.
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2009 7:08:02 AM

The proof is the manufacturer's confidence to stand by their product. Go on Newegg and compare how may cards EVGA has that has "only" 1 and 2 years warranties. Yes EVGA does put lifetime warranty on the higher end cards.

Check XFX and see how many of their cards have lifetime and double lifetime warranties. It says a lot about a company for them to provide "double lifetime: warranties.

June 9, 2009 9:26:43 AM

some companies like asus also have warrneties that are overclocking freindly also :) 
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2009 12:45:28 PM

jennyh said:
Hmm with Nvidia cards i've had...

PNY
Leadtek
BFG
BFG
XFX

Best one was the leadtek, dunno if they even still exist now. Both BFG's died (fan) but at least the warranty was useful.

Just to show how widely peoples tastes vary, I for one thought that Leadtek was absolutely the worst cards I ever owned. Turned me away from nVidia for years. I finally bought a BFG 8800GTS 512 OC beginning of last year. I have never used customer service, but the I think it is the single best GPU I have ever owned in my life. Excellent quality and the card's performance is still very good. How many GPU's can you overclock 125mhz+ on the core and still run rock solid?
Convinced me enough to buy a BFG LS 680 watt PSU, which I am also very pleased with.

Bottom line, buy from one of the top makers, doesn't really matter which one. Everyone has their preference, and everyone has a bad story to tell.
It happens. They all let a bad one slip through time to time. Look at things like warranty, step up program, etc, but as long as you stay with one of the top rated 3 or 4, there really is no difference in them.
June 9, 2009 4:42:19 PM

yeah, looking at warrenties is pitful at best, cos hopefully you never need to use it

and how many times per year do you think some of us upgrading something in our PC ? lol
a b U Graphics card
July 8, 2009 3:02:46 PM

To the contrary, looking at warranties is very intelligent. While you hope you never need it, it says a lot when one company gives a lifetime or even 5 year warranty while another gives only one year or less. I prefer the company that has the faith in their card to stand behind if for its lifetime rather than one that feels that it is too risky to commit to supporting it beyond one year.
a b U Graphics card
July 8, 2009 5:21:52 PM

Amg said:
yeah, looking at warrenties is pitful at best, cos hopefully you never need to use it

and how many times per year do you think some of us upgrading something in our PC ? lol

Where have you been over the past year when Nvidia admitted they made manufacturing blunders in their chipsets? On that day that the news broke about their deficient GPUs, NVDA stock dell from $20 to $12.
And as hot as GPUs operate, it's just a matter of time when they eventually fail. Think of a lightbulb and its filament with it's rated lifehours.
!