Sign in with
Your question

Where does my wireless antenna go

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 28, 2009 11:12:31 AM

modele acer aspire 1670 notebook the wireless antenna is attached to the monitor, but i cant find where the other ends go on my motherboard, they have little tiny caps on the ends but i havent a clue where these wires have to go. info: wireless 802.11 b/g chip. inprocomm ipn220 thankyou maureen

More about : wireless antenna

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 28, 2009 11:32:47 AM

Does the wireless work ? If so, don't try fiddling with the wireless adapter in case you zap it with static.
m
l
December 28, 2009 12:13:24 PM

Quote:
Does the wireless work ? If so, don't try fiddling with the wireless adapter in case you zap it with static.

yes but the signal is ver poor due to the antenna not being connected on the board. i allways use protection, antistatic etc, thank you for replying
maureen
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 28, 2009 3:55:59 PM

What kind of wireless card is this -- presumably mini-pci internal.

These connect to the computer via the mini-pci bus. If the card was installed at the factory they must have connected the antenna. If the antenna connects via tags -- and I have see this on one adapter -- how did they fall off ?

If you installed the card yourself, try to download a manual for it and see what it says about the antenna. Otherwise, do see a technician.
m
l
January 2, 2010 4:56:07 PM

Buddy I had this same problem...

I bought a new Atheros Wifi card and it has 3 spots on it for my connections.. It was nigh impossible for me to google my answer up.. (I had 2 antennas but 3 spots was the problem.. where to leave it empty)

When I take the cover on my laptop off there are sets of wires for the antenna... They don't have to be positive or negative, you just connect them to their respective posts.. I tried switching them all around to see if it mattered, and I just picked which gave me the best signal.. Move the farthest you will ever reasonably from your access point, and then start experimenting with what gives you the best signal..

m
l
!