Can't install Windows 7 on SSD

G

Hello

Im tryin to get my 60GB Mushkin Callisto dx SSD runnin with Windows 7 but I can't get it to show up in the installation process. It shows just fine in the BIOS, in device manager, in My Computer and in Windows Disk Management, in fact I can even use it as storage but for some reason It will not show up as a disk to install Windows. I have tried as IDE in BIOS and AHCI. It has been fully formatted and has had Windows 7 on it here recently.

Does anyone know a way I can get Windows put back on?

My board is the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 with the latest BIOS version F15.

Thank you for your help!

you may have to remove the cables to ALL other drives

I have a similar Gigabyte board and installed an OCZ Vertex 2. My only problem was the above as the SSD wouldn't show up with other drives hooked up; I installed Windows, shut down, hooked up my drives again and everything was good. I did not need to browse for drivers either so I doubt you will need to.

djnemesis

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
I'm not exactly sure how your BIOS is set out, but on mine there were two lists A hard disk list and a boot priority list. The hard disk list lists all the drives installed. However only the drive at the top of the list showed up in the boot priority list. Try moving the ssd to the top of the list.

Alternatively, you said it has been fully formatted. Did you also select the whole drive as a new partition or is it still unpartitioned space after you formatted it?