nlmiller1975

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Hi,

I just put together a homebuild and seem to be having one issue. Below are the components of it:

cpu: i7 920 Nehalem 2.66 ghz
gpu: geforce gtx 260
mobo: LGA 1366 x58 atx
psu: 750w
ram: 6gb ddr3 1600 triple channel
windows vista 64bit

I've called evga for the gpu and with them have done several stress tests. The gpu seems to be working just fine. I've done a memory test and there appear to be no issue with the ram. I went into the bios to check the temp of the cpu as well as have been running realtemp and the temp hasn't gotten above about 52.

When in game I run with max settings, everything on and experience absolutely no lag even when in scenarios and orvr with full spell effects. However, when in a scen or orvr I experience random restarts. I will be getting no lag in game in orvr or scens, no lag when online with youtube, etc. I just get random restarts. Everyone in their respective tech support companies -- mobo, gpu, cpu, etc. -- tell me that it seems to be an issue with the other part. I'm not really sure at this point what to do.

I have dx10 and have supplemented with dx9 for the dll files, I have all of the latest updates for microsoft, I've updated the gpu drivers and to be honest, at this point, I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions with perhaps something not installed properly, anything? Please?

"orvr or scens" I have no idea what you are saying here. Organized RvR maybe? What is scens? Scenarios? Is it just this game you are having issues with? What game is it, Warhammer online?

"mobo: LGA 1366 x58 atx" BRAND would be nice. Model number too.

"psu: 750w" See above.

nlmiller1975

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Ty for the reply Proximon.

orvr is open realm v realm, basically pvp in an open area for a particular terrain. Scens are scenarios. Basically, these are areas that you zone into with a max number of chars for each side, and then you overtake objectives.

The mobo is an ECS and the power supply is a zephyr.

Well, your PSU is junk, and I don't say that lightly. It's actual bottom-of-the-pile trash. Poor voltage regulation can cause any number of symptoms, including random restarts.

Whether that is what is causing your problem or not, I can't say without swapping out the PSU. The fact that you are running Vista 64, which has good error handling, may help.

It's unlikely to be a software issue because Vista would handle that better. Certainly it could be the board or the GPU, but you seem to have passed all the tests?

Swap out the PSU for something decent. You need a quality 500W to test.