Tags:
  • Asus
  • Formula
  • Graphics Cards
  • Radeon
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
November 7, 2009 1:15:44 PM

I have a huge graphics card in the ATI Radeon 4870 and I was wondering if it would be able to fit on the motherboard due to its large size. If it doesn't would anyone recommend an alternative?

More about : crosshair formula iii

November 7, 2009 2:49:48 PM

The size of the graphics card doesen't matter when choosing a motherboard. If anything make sure your case can fit the card.
and if I may ask why such a great motherboard but sell it short with a mediocre graphics card?
November 7, 2009 3:48:19 PM

joshisfop said:
The size of the graphics card doesen't matter when choosing a motherboard. If anything make sure your case can fit the card.
and if I may ask why such a great motherboard but sell it short with a mediocre graphics card?

Sadly I have limited funds and I just bought this graphics card this summer. It would either be between a new graphics card or Windows 7(upgrading from Vista). Still running an awful 2.2Ghz AMD Athlon X2 series with an nvidia Nforce board. And because with this crappy micro-atx board I have, the card ended up being too big for the heatsink on the CPU so I had to buy a new, smaller one.
November 7, 2009 4:06:07 PM

These are the parts of the computer I am building.

Scythe SCKTN-3000 92mm Sleeve "KATANA3" 3Heat Pipes CPU Cooler
Antec P193 Gunmetal Gray Aluminum / Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
ASUS Crosshair III Formula AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
!