Sign in with
Your question

Onboard soundcard using PCI soundcard

Last response: in Components
August 23, 2009 11:22:38 AM

Hi,
I have a Creative x-fi titanium fatal1ty pro soundcard , Logitech G51 5.1 Speaker and a Razer Barracuda (5.1 ch).. My Razer Barracuda is connected to my Creative Soundcard and my G51 to the mobo onboard soundcard..My question is, Is there a way that i can use my G51 to my Creative Soundcard by not connecting it directly to the Soundcard..coz my razer barracuda is already connected to the soundcard..
August 27, 2009 3:07:11 AM

sound cards automaticly disable onboard sounds. You are screwed :-/
August 27, 2009 12:05:43 PM

^^ Not really. I have a Razer Barracuda AC-1 (the soundcard, not the headset), ASUS Xonar D2, and onboard installed at the same time. Creative cards tend to be more picky though...

Because both use analog for thier connections, either you need to hook one into the onboard sound and use that when needed, or you need a receiver that can take two pairs on analog inputs, and select which one you want to use at any point in time.

It might (ok, probably) would be cheaper to simply get a digital headset to replace the Barracuda's, and use the digital output port on the Titanium for the headset, and the analog ports for the G51's.

Frankly, I'm impressed by the Tritton AX Pro, which has (coincidentally) replaced the Barracuda as my go-to headset...
!